I have a collection of half-written posts for this week, all of which fit into my New Scheduling Plan, including:
-Winter Gear Guide (I’m not usually too keen on re-covering territory that other people have written about, but I’ve received REPEATED requests for this topic, so I’m giving in to peer pressure.]
-Training Recaps (Summary: Lots of spinning, only a moderate amount of running. I need more workout hours in the day!)
-Search Term Hilarity (Because it’s been awhile, and these are funny!)
-I Don’t Always Have to Have a “Next Race”
I’m sure there are more (my brain is a crazy, mixed-up, exuberant place), but these are my current “projects”. However, I’m in a great mood tonight and feel like sharing some random awesomeness with you all (including some teasers for the aforementioned posts). It doesn’t fit into any of my post categories, but I don’t care. I’m feeling reckless.
Today, I feel like I won the lottery because….
1. I’m married to an awesome guy, and he just got back from a business trip late last night. Although I don’t mind living solo now and then (and subsisting mostly on oatmeal, lettuce, eggs, quinoa/veggies/feta cheese, and egg-free cookie dough), we’ve spent a lot of our dating/married life living apart – and “together” is just SO much better!
2. He returned from his trip to the US bearing all sorts of goodies. You’ve probably already spotted one on the Run With Holly Facebook page. His stash also included: a worm bin (after 8 months of false hope, we finally have one – this will get its own blog post, or twelve); 6 lbs of walnuts (because they’d cost a fortune out here, but I neeeeeeed them for holiday baking 🙂 ); and these:
3. Glass cleaner can do magical things to grease. Natural cleaners are good – and I think vinegar is the solution to almost any cleaning conundrum – but sometimes, you just need the ammonia in glass cleaner. With some glass cleaner and a bit of scrubbing, the sticky grease splashes around our stove magically disappeared, as did the fingerprints around the door of our shiny silver refrigerator. [I don’t know what it is out here, but grease splashes become SO STICKY – I swear I never had such a problem in the US.] The clean kitchen is making me giddily happy tonight.
4. When KMN told me he’d be working late tonight, I discovered some leftover pasta in the fridge. Yippee!!! And since it was a bit light in the veggie department, I ate a pear, three yellow grape tomatoes, and 1/3 of a cucumber while waiting for the pasta to reheat in the microwave. #eattherainbow?
5. I’ve had some RWH business development in the works lately, which has been GOOD. Also, the first (trial) round of Run With Holly shirts are being printed this week. So excited!
6. After a shaky, frustrating two weeks in mid-October, I’ve finally hit my RPM Instructor stride. Now I’m zooming through team-teaching, and hope to be 100% cleared to teach on my own in less than a month.
7. Earlier this year, I helped sponsor a Kickstarter campaign for basik855, a company that uses traditional, woven Cambodian fabrics to make contemporary handbags, in a socially responsible way. Literally (yes, literally) MOMENTS ago, I learned that Kickstarter rewards will be sent to Singapore very soon. I think this is the first Kickstarter campaign that I’ve worked with that has delivered on time. I pretty much love the basik855 team, and I’m SO excited to finally get my hands on some of their bags!!!
8. I am tired, and it’s after 10 PM. I am going to go find myself some ice cream, take a shower, tuck into bed, and sleep for at least 7 hours. I can’t find a single thing wrong with this plan.
Ever helped to fund anything on Kickstarter (or a similar crowd-sourcing site)? Tell me all about it!
What’s making YOU feel like you won the lottery today??