Good Mornings for a Saturday (August 17)

Today was a busy day: I cheered at a race, I ran 10 miles, I mopped the floor, I finally got my Feedly Reader down to 0 for the first time since Aug. 5, I blew my nose a bunch of times, and I drank NO coffee.  [Coffee has no appeal to me when my sinuses are clogged.  Don’t know why….]  I have London Goodness and Workout Round-Ups to write.  But frankly, I’m in the mood for something a little lighter today.  And it’s the weekend, so why not?

Special HairNew haircut needed: STAT

Thankfully, I juuust got one.
The hairdresser assured me my new cut “brought out my natural curls.”
Hmph!  Curls??  Who knew?
Personally, I’m considering shaving it all off.
[I’m only half joking.]

Cereal in BedEllie Love

Sometimes, when KMN is away for work,
Ellie & I enjoy cereal and a book in bed.
I’m currently reading
Devil in the Grove:
Thurgood Marshall, the Groveland Boys, and the Dawn of a New America
Not exactly light reading, but definitely an eye-opener.

Matching Scarves!The “Holly Scarf”

One of the other Hollys I know
(we actually lead parallel lives, except that she’s awesomer)
has this same scarf, but in a different color.
[The things you learn from Facebook.]
I exchanged photos with her, to compare –
and this one came out just artsy enough to warrant inclusion on the blog.

Bikes &

Creative Transportation

Hey, whatever works!

Lookin' Fancy!All dressed up….

Gussied up for a wedding earlier this year.
(On a somewhat better hair day.)
Love this guy like crazy!

Alarmed Door

Why?  Did somebody scare it?

Spotted while we were in London.
Totally cracked me up!

Ever ridden/driven a Segway?

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

20 thoughts on “Good Mornings for a Saturday (August 17)

1. Erica G

Aloha! I had to stop by to thank you for your comments and deeper insight to my current diet struggles. You are right. That will have an impact as well.

And I am so happy I stopped by as your last picture, the alarmed door, got me laughing out loud!

Have a great day….mine has just began and after errands I will be racing an 8K. Why do I sign up for late day races?

Hey, no worries – sometimes it’s hard to keep our own lives in perspective, even when something seems so obvious to someone on the ‘outside’. What else are fellow bloggers for? And it forced me out of anonymity, so I suppose that’s good…? 🙂

But as for that last question…I can’t help you there. Although I sometimes do the same thing to myself, even though I don’t even like to do my running workouts in the evening – never mind actually RACE! Hope it went smoothly, though! 🙂

I am looking forward to NO MORE RUNNING! I just finished my 8.5 for the day and ended my week at 45.5. Going camping tonight and a little hike tomorrow. I am SO EXCITED not to run. (Hmmm. I might be experiencing some kind of burnout with running but I attribute it mainly to boredom.)
    Book and cereal in bed is the best thing to do when you are home by yourself!

3. Cecilia @ MommiesRun

Haha I think you could totally pull off the shaved head look. You know without looking psycho, a la Britney Spears/umbrella/car incident. I was looking forward to my long run that I’ve since completed! I ran with a new friend and I really enjoy her company!

Hahahah – thanks! I VERY seriously considered it once in high school, just leaving a little tuft of bangs at the front. I had a short hair feminism thing going on then, though, I think. Nowadays, I just can’t be bothered! I’m either pinning it out of my way, trying to coax some volume into it despite the humidity, or washing it (again). I think I’d save time, aggravation, and shampoo money by just going bare. Plus, it’d be cooler, too! 🙂

4. greengirlrunning

Haha! The alarmed door sign is pretty funny. I always laugh when I see the sign that reads: Slow Children At Play 🙂
    I’m looking forward to a short long run! Only 10 miles — woohoo!

Ahhhhhhhh! Sounds glorious. I’m still struggling with jet-lag-related afternoon drowsies, so the thought of a nap sounds…beautiful! [Even though I really hate the “nap hangover” I inevitably suffer afterward!]

I love sitting in bed and reading sometimes. Your scarf is really cute. Is it too warm to wear it in Singapore? For the weekend…Today we did a few hours of volunteering at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and relaxed. Tomorrow is long run day! Yay!

Honestly…yes, it’s too warm in Singapore to wear a scarf. But I loooove scarves, from snuggly fuzzy wintery ones, to light and airy hardly-there ones. Sometimes I’ll bring one of the latter with me, or tie it to my purse, to have in case the air-conditioning is too cold. But really, even as a fashion statement, it’s too warm to have anything around your neck.

My greatest regret about our trip to London? I didn’t bring a scarf. The weather was cool enough for a fashion scarf, and Europeans LOVE scarves. Silly me!

Enjoy your long run!!! 🙂

6. Jo

Love your artsy pic of bikes and Segway!
    I have never been on a Segway, and don’t really know if I want to or not. I guess it might be fun to try…

I kinda feel like I’d fall backwards or forwards, but I suppose if I can stay stable on a bike, I should be able to do the same on a Segway….?

I usually only seem them used on Segway tours – it cracked me up to see this one chained to the fence, just like all the cycles! 🙂

I’m working on lowering the number of unread posts in my Feedly reader right now, too 🙂 Vacation got me behind on my reading. That picture from London cracks me up. I’ve never been to London, but I know how literal the British can be. For example, the “way out” sign in the Tube.

Awesome! I’d kinda like to see the shape of my naked head first, I think. Some people look good bald, others look weird. Personally, I think it depends on head shape. It seems like technology should somehow be able to remove my hair and let me see my skull shape. Hmmm…techie friends, where are you????

I’ve never ridden a Segway, but I think it would be fun. Of course it might not be too fun falling on my face or behind; which I’m sure is what I’d do!

I love the sign on the door in London! Ha!