I sure can make a mountain out of a molehill. This one little Liebster thing is now on its third post. [In case you missed it, the first was 11 Random Facts About Holly, and the second was 22 Answers to questions asked by Jeano and GGR.]
So now comes the tagging part. Yeesh. Honestly, I don’t have too many run-bloggers to add to the list, really. But here are a few small-ish running blogs I’m enjoying these days that you might want to check out:
Just Run With It: This was actually the first running blog I ever followed. And she’s yet another female run-blogger who’s getting a science PhD. (It’s like an epidemic or something.) Cute pup and 60-mile Boston Marathon prep weeks included at no extra charge!
Striding Mom: The real deal on mixing together running, life, kids, work, family…and baking it into a cake of funny.
Genetically Challenged Athlete: Must give her mention, as she reached out to me to become my first real running connection in Singapore. Since then, she’s shown me the ropes, answered lots of questions, and bonded with me over a shared love for (and absolute need of) Nuun.
Sweaty Escapades: I’m particularly fond of her, as she grew up in SE Asia and relates to many of my posts about Singapore – but currently lives in the UK. When I need more chilly photos than Jeano can provide, this is where I go! Plus, she’s recently become a slow-cooker convert… 🙂
And on the non-running front, here’s a random sampling:
Human Limits: Not a running blog, per-se, but Dr. Joyner works with and studies elite athletes – and blogs about current issues in health and fitness from a more academic perspective. [I also stalk his blog, rather than actually participate, so he has no idea who I am.]
The Collar Lab: My friend’s labs (the dogs, not the research things), Whiskey and Rye, write a blog. She makes ridiculously cute collars for them (and you, if you want). They’re not too verbose, so this blog isn’t a huge commitment. 🙂
Bethany Beams: She’s got some deep stuff going on over there now. But if that’s not your cup of tea, search for any post with “Eli” in it – take this one, about their trip to the zoo, for example. Her anecdotes about raising her just-over-one-year-old son are, in a word, hilarious.
Ooops. It appears that most of the non-running blogs I read are pretty popular and definitely don’t qualify for Lieb-er-vision. Oh, well. We’ll stop there then (and I’m not even at 700 words yet!). So, for anyone (the aforementioned bloggers, or anyone else) who feels like answering some random questions…here you go:
1. If you could eat any breakfast food right now, what would it be? Please be very descriptive. I love breakfast food and want to drool all over your descriptions.
2. What book is closest to where you’re sitting, right this very minute?
3. Think about something you really want to do (you don’t have to share what it is). What’s holding you back?
4. Which holiday has the traditions that you enjoy the most?
5. Fill in the blanks: I would do twice as much (insert household task/chore), in exchange for never having to (insert another household task/chore) EVER AGAIN.
6. Do you like how common your name is? [ie, “Sarah”s, do you like sharing your name with half the world? “Shelande”s, do you like having such a unique name?]
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you “grew up”?
8. Do you have as much trouble with the “Insert Numbered List” function as I do? It always – ALWAYS – screws up my formatting. I’ve resigned myself to actually typing the numbers.
9. What are you using to replace/instead of Google Reader?
10. What smell is nostalgic to you?
11. Self-Serving Question: What would you like to read more of on this blog?
If you’re Commenting today, why don’t you answer 1, 5, or 11.
Or heck, answer whichever you want. It’s Friday. I’m not going to be fussy.