First, a bit of housekeeping. We seem to be experiencing a sudden burst of popularity over here at Run With Holly. [Thanks, Venus Run organizers!] So, for those of you who have just recently found your way over here: Let me extend a hearty WELCOME!! Thanks for the click!!
[Venus Run has also set up a separate page to aggregate blog posts about the run. I’ve never seen this done before, but I love the idea. Check it out!!]
If you’re impatient, you can jump directly to my Venus Run Race Report.
[Or simply scroll down – it’s just below this post.]
If you’re curious about me, check out the About Holly page.
If you’re curious about why I’m in Singapore, and why I might be able to greet you with “Makan orready or not?”, it’s all his fault.
[But he’s cute, and I quite like Singapore, so it’s all good. ;-)]
If you’re curious about the coaching that I do, check out the “About Run With Holly” tab at the top.
If you want to read previous posts on something specific, check out the categories on the right. I’m a little obsessive, so the organization should be pretty good.
If you want to know what workouts I did last week – or what I ate – keep reading. I’ll try to keep this brief. Monday and Tuesday are detailed here.
*Note: Holly does not usually post about herself in third-person. That happened accidentally, and is over now.
And that, folks, was my food-and-workout lead-up to Sunday morning’s race.
There are a lot of cool things coming up on the blog, though – including:
- STRETCHES, like crazy (back, hip flexors, hips)
- A Newbie Runner’s Guide To Gear
- A plantar fasciitis update, and why having PF has been good for me as a coach
- Some expat thoughts, specifically: The Hardest Thing About Being 8,000 Miles From “Home” (whatever “home” means)
- A slow-cooker chili recipe
- My trip to IKEA and the subsequent hilarious taxi ride that I, and my new drying rack, took
- 7 Days of New: I’ve gotten a little too set in my habits lately. Time to shake things up a little!
So come on back, and read all about it. If you don’t like browser bookmarks, you have a few other options:
1. Add me to your Feed Reader.
2. Sign up to receive posts by email, using the button down in the lower right.
Then, you can get this bloggy goodness delivered to your electronic doorstep EVERY! DAY!
And with that, I’m outta here. There’s a homemade chicken salad sandwich in the kitchen with my name on it. *chomp!*
Done anything that’s shaken you out of your comfort zone lately?
New Readers: Anything you’re dying to know about me?
[Aw, what the heck – new or not, ask away!]